Sky-Watcher Evostar BK ED72 OTA
Two-element refractor. Aperture: 72mm. Focal length: 420mm
Sky-Watcher's Evostar apochromatic doublet refractors are the perfect blend of superior extra-low dispersion glass and affordability. The Evostar refractor lens assembly utilizes a proprietary combination of matched lenses, delivering tack-sharp stars with charcoal-black, contrast-rich skies. All ED glass elements are fluorite-based and feature our proprietary Metallic High-Transmission Coatings (MHTC), virtually eliminating all false color while the internal baffle helps prevent stray light from affecting your photography. Like the optics, the tube is beautifully crafted using aluminum and finished with a black diamond metal-flake finish.
Using a doublet refractor instead of a triplet has some advantages: less glass means less weight, less weight means a less expensive telescope, so you can dedicate more money for your camera or laptop while benefiting from a lightweight astrophotography rig.
The Evostar ED72 comes in a foam-lined aluminum case with tube rings and a V-style dovetail plate.
- Doublet apochromatic optical design
- Two-element, air-spaced optical assembly minimizes false color
- 72mm aperture, 420mm focal length, f/5.8 focal ratio
- 2-inch dual-speed Crayford-style focuser
- Aluminum tube coated with glossy, black diamond metal-flake finish
- Included accessories: tube rings, a Vixen-style dovetail and a foam-lined aluminum case