Sky-Watcher MAK90 Heritage Virtuoso GOTO Tabletop Telescope
Maksutov-Cassegrain with GoTo function. Objective lens diameter: 90mm. Focal length: 1250mm
The Heritage packs a powerful punch and is ideal for observing the Moon, planets and double-stars, and also can be used for high power daytime terrestrial viewing. The Virtuoso mount provides a stable platform and will track night sky objects automatically once located.
The telescope can be slewed automatically in both axes, at five different speeds, via the mount’s electronic keypad.
A great feature of the Virtuoso is the patented Freedom-Find dual-encoder technology which also allows the telescope to be moved manually in either axis without losing its alignment or positional information, giving the user enormous convenience and flexibility during observing sessions.
Furthermore, the Virtuoso mount can be upgraded to GoTo by purchasing a SynScan AZ GoTo handset and cable, allowing 42,900+ night sky objects to be automatically found from its extensive database.
As well as its superb astronomical functionality, the Virtuoso mount has a lot of other clever features for photography (camera not included):
- Camera Cruising: take photographs automatically with your DSLR at up to 6 preset positions. The mount will stop at each predetermined position and automatically trigger the camera’s shutter release. (Canon-D electronic shutter release cable supplied but other Sky-Watcher cables are readily available).
- Video Cruising/Time Lapse Photography: the mount can automatically move your video camera through up to 6 preset positions without any pause. Up to 5 speeds can be selected in this mode.
- Panoramic/Matrix Photography: the mount can control a DSLR camera to take long distance panoramas up to 360°.
Supplied in attractive giftbox.
The kit includes:
- 10mm eyepiece, 1.25"
- 25mm eyepiece, 1.25"
- 90° diagonal mirror, 1.25"
- Shutter release cable for Canon D cameras
- Red Dot finderscope
- User manual and warranty