LUNT LS230THa/B3400 H-alpha Solar Telescope
Refractor. Objective lens diameter: 230mm. Focal length: 1610mm
The LS230THa is a triplet ED apochromatic refractor with modular design! With the optional accessories, the telescope can also be used for night sky observations, as well as for observing the Sun in the Ca-K wavelength and in white light!
The LS230THa/B3400 is a complete telescope for observing the sun in H-alpha light, with 230mm free aperture (no central obstruction) and 910mm focal length. The higher resolution compared to telescopes with smaller aperture allows the observer to dive into the fine details and surface phenomena of our ever-changing Sun. The higher resolution allows higher magnifications, bringing the fine details of the Sun to life in the eyepiece or on the screen.
An internal Etalon filter with the innovative air-pressure tuning system Pressure Tuner achieves a bandwidth of <0.7 Angstroms. The tuning is done by slightly changing the air pressure in a pressure chamber inside the telescope. This changes the refractive index of the air, making it easy to adjust to the H-alpha line. The pressure tuner guarantees an homogeneous image without central obstruction and a permanently protected etalon without wear. A set of collimating lenses installed in the telescope ensures best performance.
Fine adjustment is achieved by a 2" Starlight Instruments Feather Touch focuser with 1.5" travel and 10:1 reduction.
Blocking-filter is the B3400. The B3400 is good for solar imaging by cameras with very large CCD chip and can also be used for visual solar observing. The B3400 blocking filter is fix installed inside the 2" Feather Touch focuser.
Also the LS230THa telescope is upgradeable with the additional available DSII double-stack system. The optional DSII system is a internal double stack module with Pressure Tuner, that provides a bandwidth <0.5 Angstrom. More details on the solar surface will become visible by reducing the bandwidth.
- The H-alpha Etalon system can be easily removed from the telescope. With the additionally available conversion kit the 3-lens ED Apochromat can be used as a normal telescope for observation and imaging of the night sky.
- Also available is a Ca-K module specially developed for the LS230T, also available as a complete set with the conversion kit. This also allows to observe the sun in the blue calcium wavelength.
- A Herschel-wedge can also be used at the conversion kit for observing the sun in white light.
- This makes the LS230T a completely universal usable telescope!
- Triplet ED apochromatic refractor
- Aperture: 230mm (no central obstruction)
- Focal length: 910mm
- Bandwidth: internal Etalon with <0.7 Angstrom
- Tuning: air-pressure tuning system
- Blocking-filter: B3400 with 2" connection
- Focuser: Starlight Instruments Feather Touch focuser with 10:1 reduction
- Two tube rings with carrying handle
- Dove tail bar with GP level for astronomical mounts
The kit includes:
- LS230THa H-alpha solar telescope
- Pressure Tuner system
- B3400 blocking-filter in straight extension tube
- 2" Feather Touch focuser
- Tube rings with dove tail bar
- Transport case
- Instruction manual